"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beautiful Day.......

"A worthy wife is her husband's joy and crown; the other kind corrodes his strength and tears down everything he does." Proverbs 12:4


"Hard work means prosperity; only a fool idles away his (her) time." Proverbs 12:11

My husband has been working a very long, hot day, so I am throwing together a cool, fresh tossed salad and throwing some salmon on the grill and we will eat on the front deck in the cool shade of the evening.... Found salmon lately, frozen at our Grocery Outlet!! Do you have a Grocery Outlet kind of store?? Very good deals on many things, fresh, frozen, dairy.........between that and my food co-op it is easier to control our food bill.

Just recently I made a lovely batch of soap. The main ingredient is simply olive oil. This soap lathers so well and feels so good on your skin......it was one I had not tried before. I made them to sell at a tea party we had to raise funds for my daughters mission trip to England.

The ones that were left over......I packaged some in little flower pots and tied a rick rack ribbon around the pot........................

Some I tucked into these colorful little tins.....both are for sale in

my Etsy shop. :)


Today is beautiful, hot but not too hot. I spent some time in my garden weeding and planting. I am so excited to be able to plant and water this year!! This is the first year we have had a well.


All other years gardening was even more challenging, not only were there the late and early frosts to worry about, we had our water delivered and had to pay by the load. Soooo, could not water much. This year I feel very blessed to have an abundance of water!!!!!

No comments: