"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Friday, July 18, 2008

Off to Camp for the Weekend!!

We have some friends that own 40 acres in Tumalo, which is just at the north end of Bend. Every July, for the past 5 years now, thay host "Camp Dwight". It is a place of awesome fellowship with many, many like minded people, good music, some great speakers and great food!! It is so nice and refreshing, I come home charged
and ready to go.
The amazing thing is, there is no charge for this camp!! We do not stay there, we are close enough to come home at night. They have many volunteers working the week before to help pull things together. The first year there were about 100 at camp, last year there were almost 500!!!!! This year I helped my friend out by planting some flowers
in pots for her.
She supplied a variety of buckets, teakettles, baskets.......and I planted them. These will go on the tables where we eat and around camp................
My husband also helped out...............he made these amazing tables for carpet ball games. He made four of them, some how you have a person with pool balls at each end and you roll the balls trying to knock the other persons somewhere.....I will have
to watch and see!
This huge room you see is the barn. I think it was meant to be an indoor arena.....the first year of camp we had cedar chips down...which was fine:).........but the next year he had it all cemented!! That is where they set up chairs and we have speakers tonight and Saturday and Sunday morning.....afternoons are set aside for family fun freetime, Saturday night there is the best talent show you ever saw!!
Later I will post some pictures of our time at Camp............relaxing and recooping!!!

Again.......we are thankful for the blessings of friends!!

No comments: