"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prairie Day Camp.....

Now that canning is done......just in time.....we are having a "Prairie Day Camp" right here in our front yard. We have 11 girls coming between the ages of 5 and 11. It is going to take place for the next two days, so thought I would just do a brief intro and then I may have to
disappear for a couple days....... :)
I am cutting out and "mostly" sewing prairie bonnets for each girl. I leave one hem for them to sew up by hand, so they had a part in making their bonnet.
So, today, 11 bonnets, 11 aprons, setting up our canvas fly's to create a "Prairie Home", moving some furniture outside and trying to be organized :) for when they arrive at 9:30a.m. All the heavy lifting and setup thanks to my dear sweet husband!!
Schedule of Events:
Day 1
Make bonnet
Make butter/do laundry in washtub
Embroider initial on square of muslin
(that night, this will get sewn onto their apron for a pocket)
Lunch: Stew (cooking in the dutch oven), Bread,
Applesauce, Peach Pie, Dried Apples
Make a Game from a hoop
Quilting - Grandmother's Flower Garden
Teatime - Scones, Fruit and Strawberry Trifle
Day 2
Butter/Laundry
Candles
Pressed Flowers
(my dear sweet husband is making them all a flower press of their own)
Lunch: Cold Fried Chicken, Biscuits (on fire in dutch oven),
Canned Peaches, Pear Cobbler, Dried Apples
Cornhusk Doll
Work on Quilt
Tea - Scones, Fruit and Lemon Cake

And there it will end.....

You all have fun for the next couple of days, I know I will!!!

Can't wait to share the pictures of these little girls having fun!!


No comments: