"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Muffins Anyone??

Do you remember the "Barrel o'Muffins" recipe from way back in the 80's?? Well, I made that ahead and just scooped it out for our brunch that day.....easy, easy.
Barrel O'Muffins
2 C Boiling water
5 tsp soda
1 C shortening or 1 C oil
2 C sugar
4 beaten eggs
5 C flour
4 C All-Bran Buds (Kelloggs)
Optional: 2 C raisans or dates
1 C chopped nuts
1 Qt. buttermilk
1 tsp salt
Mix water with soda and let cool. Crem shortening or oil, sugar and eggs in large 10 qt. container. Add other ingredients and mix.
Put batter in lined muffin tins, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
This mixture can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks (with shortening), about 4 weeks (with oil).....Scoop out and bake as needed!!
How easy is that!?!?!?
However, upon mixing this and buying the ingredients I did realize, I have seriously changed my families eating habits since that time and will have to experiement with some more natural ingredients and see how long it would last.....for example the Bran Buds have all kinds of junk in them I do not normally eat (high fructose corn syryp, hydrogenated fats, etc)....so would start with looking for a natural cereal alternative. I have already changed the shortening to oil which helps and I do not use white sugar, I would
love to try this with honey???
Now!!! I must get busy, very full day of tea prep......mmmm.....Peach Ice Cream, Raspberry Scone Dough, Boysenberry Tarts.....Rhubarb Jam to sell.....Oh My!! Better get busy!!!

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

Ooooh, you're making my mouth water!
See you at the garden tea!
~Margie