"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Thursday, September 4, 2008

School Begins!!

Are you ready for the school year?
Some easy things to make your day go smoother:
Breakfast
Plan some easy but nourishing breakfasts.
Buy bulk grains for yummy hot cereal, make your
own bulk mixes for pancakes, etc.
(more on making bulk mixes later)
Lunch
Warm soup on those cool fall and winter days is the best thing ever!
Prepare Soup ingredients for the freezer.
(I just bought a very big bag of carrots from Costco and sliced some for
soups and grated some for muffins, bread and cake.)

Also, I will get some celery and onions chopped and frozen. That way they are ready to throw into any soup and you can just have soup simmering through the morning and it will be ready by lunch and smell soooo good.

Also buy in bulk beans and grains such as barley and pasta to toss in your soup.

Dinner

On those days where there is time to make dinner it is nice to do that and involve the children.

For those very full school days or the ones where you have been out.....be sure to have some freezer meals done up!!

(More on freezer meals later......)

Knowing what is going on the table before you start the day illiminates alot of stress, disorganized evenings and those nights when you have to eat out and really should not be doing that. Makes your dear sweet husband happier too!

One more tip today: Make huge batches of cookie dough and roll it into logs for the freezer. When needed, take a log out and slice and bake. :D

Hope school is going well for you today. I kind of miss those days........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with the place (the fall layout) it looks beautiful!!!!

These are great ideas. I didn't now you could just freeze any cookie dough! But I'm excited about it.

My mom use to have warm cookies for us all the time, and I often wish I had more time to do that for my kids!

The soup stuff is good too! I have to be more organized about good meals.

Thanks! You are a great blessing to my life!

candy said...

Thank you so much for the comment :)
I just went back thru some of your blog and look so forward to going thru it all later today or tomorrow when I have a bit of free time. It is a lovely blog and one of my top favorites!!!
I love that bonnet pattern you showed a while back...Im going to attempt to make one soon! I'll let you know how it turns out when I do :)
You are such a sweet lady. I look forward to learning a lot from your blog.
Like the first comment says, you are a blessing! indeed!
May God continue to bless you.
Love Candy