"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Monday, January 5, 2009

Celebrating Friendship!!

Before Christmas I attended a very special Christmas
Party. It is a group of ladies I meet with once a month.
It started out as just a group of ladies meeting that
did Civil War re-enacting together and has become
a group of near and dear friends.....
It was just decided that we shall continue meeting until
we are very old and when we cannot get around ourselves,
we will commission one of the daughters to collect us
all and get us to our meeting place! How fun is that!
We all brought cookies and had a cookie exchange.

We also drew names and exchanged gifts. My friend gave
me twolovely white aprons for the girls to
wear who serve at my teas.
Look at all our LOVELY daughters!! What is really
wonderful.....not only are they all beautiful as you see
them in this picture!! They all love Jesus with all
their hearts, soooo, they are beautiful on the inside
as well and such a BLESSING to all of us mums!
As we began one of the ladies read to us the
"Cup of Christmas Tea" then we settled in
and watched Tasha Tudor's Christmas video.
So peaceful, so relaxing.......

Some worked as we watched and visited....
Oh, see that cute little scarf on the young lady
holding the doll? That is what my daughter
made for her gift to exchange......
And then, I have to tell you about these dolls.
One of the young ladies made these doll dresses
for I think two or three of the girls who
collect these dolls. She does awesome work,
don't you think?? She takes after her mum. :)
Well, sorry that was a late post, we have really
had troubles lately with our computer, so
has been hard to do anything.

I best get off and do "Tea things"...that
will be here before I know it!!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Farmgirl,

I am so delighted to have found your lovely blog! You are a true Titus 2 woman, and an inspiration! Thank you for all you share. It is a blessing to see all you do for your family, friends and the young ladies that you open your home and heart to, encouraging and training them in the ways of the Lord, to become happy home-keeping women!!!

All of your tea parties look like such fun.
Your daughters are lovely. Indeed, the young lady that makes those beautiful doll dresses does an awesome job!

Love and blessings in Jesus,
Paula

Gail said...

Hello Farmgirl,

I wandered over here from Lydia's blog and I'm glad I did. I too, admire what you are doing with your family and your life, especially the sewing!! I do not know how to sew, but am looking for someone to teach me.

Looking forward to reading more!
Blessings,
Gail in Virginia Beach

Anna Kristine said...

Hello Mum!
I just wanted to say I really really love your blog background. :D I want those birds on mine.
Love you....xxx