1/3 C oil
1/2 C honey
1/4 C water
1 tsp vanilla
7 1/2 C uncooked rolled cereal
(wheat, oats...above I used a 7 grain
cereal because that is what
I had on hand)
1/4 C shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 C powdered nonfat milk
1 C raisins or other dried fruit
(I used coconut instead)
You can easily play around with the
ingredients, incorporating what you
like in granola and the flavor
you want.....like, how about maple??
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, honey, water and vanilla until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, nutsand powdered milk.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry and mix well.
- Sread mixture on two jelly-roll pans or cookie sheets or whatever you have.
- Bake for 10 min. stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven; add raisins.
- Let cool until crisp before storing in airtight container.
(Makes about 10 cups)
We enjoy this with yogurt for breakfast
(Homemade yogurt coming soon...:)