"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dinner Tonight.........

I really thought I was done blogging for today.....and then......I started putting together our dinner for tonight. Ok, you might find this disgusting, but I hope not....let your imagination sore as you consider an idea......Maybe some of you already do this sort of thing,
and that is great!

Whenever I have leftovers, first we may just eat them again, but then if there are still left overs, I cannot stand to throw food away, so I freeze it in ziplocs, doesn't matter what it is.

Just like today, in my freezer I found......

1. A bag of frozen chicken soup, might have had noodles in it, not sure, noodles pretty much disappear when frozen......Voila!.....chicken goop!

2. A small bag of BBQ Beans........just ad some Mexi flavors and Voila! Chicken and Beans!!

3. Corn tortillas, which I keep stocked up on in my freezer.

4. A bag of enchilada sauce (I had bought a gallon size can and split it into ziplocs, way cheaper this way, unless of course you make it from scratch, but nice to have some on hand for when you do not have time to do that).

Getting the idea??? :D

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas!!!

When I make enchiladas, I put some of the sauce in the bottom of the pan, then layer about 6 small tortillas, then spread the meat, beans and sometimes rice, a little more sauce......


Then layer more tortillas, sauce and cheese on top (You can also freeze grated cheese in smaller portions, which is also cheaper to buy big blocks and grate it yourself). Then bake it. Some have called this Enchilada Casserole.

My husband affectionately refers to this type of meal as "sink trap" casserole.....or soup.....or whatever.....believe me it does not sound very nice AT ALL....but he always loves it!!! :) I just believe in practicing "waste not want not" within reason of course and I love the concept "what do I have in my hand?"

Today I did both! :)

No comments: