"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Monday, December 1, 2008

Good Bye Autumn!!


Hello December!!
I Love Autumn and all it's colors and all the Fall dishes there
are to enjoy with squash and nuts and putting things up from the
garden or locally bought produce, I love it all.But I am always
happy to enter December. December is full of so much.
Celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ!!
That He came, only to give His life for me!!
Without Him I am nothing!!
e
Giving to those we love and care about as an expression of Him
giving Hislife for me. His coming to earth was a gift
for anyone willing to take it.
e
Taking time to find those people that may be without or not have
loved ones to share with and blessing them in some way.
This of course always depends on how we are doing, this year it
will be homebaked goodsor something handmade. We do have a
neighbor that keeps to himself out here and we take him a plate
of Christmas dinner at the end of the day. He is always
happy aboutthat. He prefers that to sitting at our table. :)
e
Everything is so beautiful in December, I love all the lights!! I wish it could look like that all winter long. In some parts of our town, they do keep lights up through the winter. :)
e
I love the smells December brings, cinnamon
and spices, pine, cedar....mmmmm!!
e
Every year, I try to slow down and focus on why we do what we do. This year that is even easier because we really have $0 to spend.....so I am having fun thinking of things to make
for my family with what I have. I am so happy that
I have a stash to build from.
e
I love creating memories, still today with grown children.....I have so many happy memories from Christmas with my Mom and Dad, I will cherish them always.
e
It is my prayer for you all to enjoy this season and remember to take time to reflect on Christmas's past and the present and how we can share the love of Jesus to those around us.
Bless You All!!

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

Thank you Farm Girl for this post!
You have such a way of putting things! I just love reading you blog!
Lovely pictures and I can't wait for the Nutcracker tea! Our dance and costumes (yay!) are coming along nicely! Love you!
~Marguerite