"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just Dreaming and Keeping Busy......

Dreaming.......
Gathering a few seeds, reading up to see what can be planted early.
I am determined to try this year to grow some things in
a cold frame type structure......planning it out.......
More Dreaming.......
Have you ever seen these books?!?!?
I just got these three from the library. I had run across the
name awhile back when one book was part of a give
away over at "Warm Pie, Happy Home".
I have NEVER had so much enjoyment from
reading a cookbook. I am sure we are related, when
I browse through these books I just
feel a connection with this woman!! :)
Between my garden books, "The Pioneer Lady", reading
"Granny Miller's" blog and some of her links.....
I am anxious to grow more this year, trying to
supply us with our years food. I am excited,
we will see how it goes.

My husband built this new addition to our back
sunroom/dining room.....I love it, there will be doors later.
It is all from scraps off a job he did. It is right in the corner as
a built in....someday off the side of it will be
a bench that goes to the corner and around
for seating at a table. All built in...like an old
farmhouse breakfast nook. :)
Besides dreaming, I have been
Busy..........
Made some Nutty Coconut Granola.....

Bought a 25 pound bag of carrots to freeze or can....
and a large box of apples....
so....how about Apple Carrot Cake!!

Our food co-op had some end of season apples for a
very LOW price....when they came,
they were actually free!!
So, I am also drying a few for winter snacks and lunches.
And then, yes, it is time for yet another Tea!!
Valentines Tea in the waiting......
I am doing two Teas on Valentines Day!!
Ladies Victorian Pink Tea
and
Couples Candlelight Tea
in the evening. 21 ladies at noon and 7 couples that night.
In the above picture are some teacups I found for the
men, a bit bigger and a bigger handle that they
can hold on to. Can you believe they were 50 cents!!
Not my usual choice for a teacup, but they are red
and will go very well with the decos and I think
look quite elegant once on the table.
Best get busy....making Cornish Chicken Pasties today,
made the Cornish Beef Pasties yesterday. These are for the couples
since there will be men with heartier appetites.
Which, by the way, I was beyond excited when in
one of the "Pioneer Lady" cookbooks, I found
the recipe for Cornish Pasties.....and they
sounded EXACTLY like what we had in Cornwall.
I made some to try for lunch yesterday and
they are just the same.
Now, if I could just get down that
Cornish Clotted Cream recipe. There is
nothing here or a recipe for "mock" creams that
comes even close. But a friend found one on line
that looks and sounds just like the real
thing. Tried it the other day with store bought
cream and it does not work, you need unpasturized
cream for it to work properly. Alas, I shall search!!
Probably won't be back until after Tea....lot's to do!!
In the meantime, have a WONDERFUL
VALENTINES DAY!!
"Greater LOVE hath no man than this, that a
man lay down his life for his friends".
John 15:13
"We LOVE, because He first LOVED us".
I John 4:19

1 comment:

Sue said...

I just found your blog tonight, and am enjoying it very much.
Blessings,
Sue