"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Titus 2 Day

I am sad to have no pictures of our day together....
but we just started up our meetings again now that the
holidays are over. We are only going to
meet once a month, that way we can meet just
a little longer and do more.
This month we focused on:
"Peace in Perilous Times"
Everything we did was in an effort to help
bring peace to our own hearts as well as
our families and in our home.
As they arrived I had bread dough ready to go and
each rolled out Cinnamon Bread. The point was, when you
make a batch of bread, once in awhile do a cinnamon one for
a treat, nothing like Cinnamon Toast with a bowl of
hot cereal on a cold winters morning. Sounds
peaceful right?? Making our families happy and
contented brings PEACE.
Then I had our soup done to a point, meat browned, veggies
chopped, and it had to be boiled for just 5 minutes
before you could can it in the pressure canner.
Food ready to go in the pantry keeps us at PEACE.
So, we enjoyed lunch together and then had a short devotional
about peace in our lives. Peace comes when we draw
closer and closer to God. When we are close to
Him, we will be able to trust Him more
and that brings PEACE to our whole household.
Then we did a project that is fun to use with homeschool
curriculum or just for a fun scrapbook project idea. We made
a Lap Booklet with Minit Books inside.
Lap books are a file folder folded to the center so it
opens like shutters and you put different bits of
information or pictures or whatever on the little
booklets that you glue inside. Fun for all
ages. Once the older kids master the little
books, they can help the younger ones.
Busy children on a cold winters day
is very PEACEFUL indeed. :)
Then I showed them how to use a fabric pen
and write a verse on a piece of fabric to
embroider. Scripture on your walls is a
very good thing.....it reminds us of God and
who He is and keeps our minds focused
on Him throughout the day. Which brings
more PEACE to our homes.
The verse I chose is one that has ministered to
me ALOT lately.....
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect PEACE,
whose mind is stayed on thee."
Isaiah 26:3
So, some knew embroidery and some learned that day
as we moved on and learned how to do a granny
square. Some knew crochet and some had to
learn. So, at that point we just spent the next
bit of our time crocheting or embroidering
and encouraging one another. :)
All in all it was a very PEACEFUL day. :D
Next month, we will do two more embroidery stitches
and possibly work on crocheting a bit more. And
some other fun things I have up my sleeve. :) Our
theme next time is PREPAREDNESS.
(But not to an extreme, just some things we
can easily do).....which also brings PEACE!!
If you are ever interested in doing your own Titus 2 group,
Lisa at New Harvest Homestead
on my side bar will send you a free meeting
guide. It has some fun ideas and encouragement
for how to start a group.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Dear Farmgirl,

I so enjoyed reading about your Titus 2 Day. You are such a blessing and Godly example to these young ladies!!! You are an inspiration! I love the theme, "Peace", and I love the verse you shared. Oh yes, we can only have peace with our mind stayed on Him, the One that gives us true and lasting peace. I was so blessed by visiting you today!!!

Much love in Jesus,
Paula