"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Fling!!

Remember I said I had another tea since I had been on here.....
Spring Fling!! A Healthnut Tea
My color theme was mostly purple and green, but I could
not pass up these very SPRINGY daffodils since they
were 2 bunches for $3!!!!!
The tables were drapped with a sheer green cloth in the
middle topped with purple pansies......

The little bag is actually a bath bag. That was the take-
home gift for the ladies. Filled with luscious smells
and lavender......
My....there is that beautiful cabinet that my
dear sweet husband made for me.....
it just keeps showing up in the pics :D

Touches of spring all around......


Love this little butterfly candle holder. There is a
set of 3...each table got one. They were a gift
to me several years ago and I have had fun
using them....especially at Spring Teas!!
Oh, yes,....and there was food.....
Menu
Spring Greens with Strawberry Vinegrette
Boysenberry Whole Wheat Scones
Cucumber on Dilled Whole Wheat Canape
Yogurt Cheese and Sprouts on Wheat
Pepper Roses
(instead of more bread for a healthy tea :) I
found these cute little roses, filled
with cream cheese
and parsley.
Mmmmmm, then dessert!!
Carob Confections
Apple Carrot Cake
Honey Pound Cake
Whole Wheat Shortbread
Strawberries
And the finale...
Rhubarb Sweetie
(all of the desserts were made with either honey
or Stevia or Turbinado)
One of the ladies brought me this sweet gift,
it is actually a salt and pepper shaker.

Happy workers!!
Next to me in the purple is my daughter and then
her friend who both helped serve at tea. And then
her friends sister stayed to help clean up.
Thank you girls!! Your the best!!
This was one of my favorite teas, this is how we eat
anyway, so it was all very good to us!! LOL.

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

It was sooo yummy! I especially loved the honey pound cake and the sandwiches with the homemade yogurt cheese and radish sprouts!!! Mmm!

Genevieve