"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am a happy, Christian, wife and post-homeschooling mother. I have spent the last several years homeschooling and now I am "adjusting" to a new season of life as "empty nester". In 2010 we moved to be Host/Caretakers at a Bible Camp. We look at our ministry here as preparing the way for the gospel to be shared as well as encouraging believers in their daily walk. I am a farmgirl at heart and love the country, I love gardening and food preserving. I also, love tea parties!! I also have a Titus 2 heart and want to share with anyone willing to listen and learn. I love having friends over and teaching them how to make bread or put up pickles. And as we work, I love to encourage them to love their husbands and their children and to be Keepers at Home and all that implies and I love that you let me do that here!! Hope you enjoy visiting my farm and walking through a journey in life with me.......I hope at some point in time I can encourage you in your walk and in your home..........

Friday, March 27, 2009

Today......

Today is restful compared to yesterday!!
Yesterday was full of bread making and canning
and making several pans of Enchiladas, some
for the Shepherd's House on Monday
and one for our dinner and one for
a freezer meal (yay!! love it when that happens!!)


Today...I am blogging....studying for our Titus 2
Group tomorrow....this afternoon we get to go to
a friends for our monthly "Sewing Circle" (no one really
sews anymore, but sometimes.....)


Then come home take a "homemade" pizza crust out of the
freezer, spread it with some of that "homemade" spaghetti
sauce, top with "cheapo" pepparoni from Costco that is in
the freezer and some cheese that
is already grated and in the freezer.

WOW!
How easy is that?!?!?
My kind of day. :D


I ran across this quote this morning...it is so good for so
many circumstances in life, I just have to share it....
it is from an old magazine from 1993...
I think that word "inconveniences" can be translated to
mean anything that we are dealing with...
it could be something in our past, it could be illness,
unemployment,.....anyway, here it is.......

"God uses all those inconveniences to plant
tender seeds of endurance when
you are not even looking.
And before you know it, tiny sprouts of
perseverance and contentment
begin to crop up where resistance
and impatience used to thrive. You hardly
notice itin the beginning, but one day there it is -
the sweet flower of long-suffering
bloomingright there in your very irritation.
God has us here inthis flower garden of
patience, long-suffering,
and perseverance."


Have a great weekend!! See you Monday!!

No comments: